“Get 10,000 New Facebook Fans Every Month For The Rest of Your Life!”
“5 Easy Steps to 5x More Revenue in 50 Days!”
“Find the Love of Your Life and Be Married by This Time Next Year!”
Any of those sound familiar? Are you a seminar junkie, or repeatedly finding “the ONE that’s going to work”? Shame face? I know! It’s okay, I’ve been there, too.
Let’s assume that what you’ve already bought, or have considered buying, is legitimate. You’re smart enough to read the testimonials, do your research and determine that, yes, this is the real deal. Well, the first thing to realize is that the program designers and their marketing teams are smart, too. They know how to speak directly to you, in a way that addresses a problem that you need solved – like, right now! They’re not lying (again, assuming the best intentions) – their systems do work … for some.
Why not for you? Because you let your inner “Mrs. Fix-It” hit the ‘buy now’ button before consulting with your inner “Committee on Running My Business/Life.”
That committee asks questions like:
- Do I enjoy the method(s) this system uses? (Hate Facebook or don’t even use social media? You’ll give up before you hit 10 fans, never mind 10,000.)
- Can I handle the change this will bring about? (Your revenue won’t quintuple without a serious increase in traffic, calls, emails, purchases, etc. Do you have the infrastructure, the energy, the team, and time to handle that traffic? Do you have the time, energy and desire to plan that wedding this year?)
- Is the promised outcome even relevant to my business or my life? (Does the ‘next step’ for you require hundreds of new clients per month, or just 10? Is it your goal to be married by this time next year; or are you the ‘I’ll meet the right person at the right time’ type?)
Haven’t yet made the investment? Get your committee on board! Spend time with these questions and others that you come up with. If the answers are big, resounding “YES!” then this is something that will very likely work for you. If not… get “Mrs. Fix-It” and “Mrs. Researcher” together and put them on the job.
Already purchased and tried it? If you truly feel it’s relevant and worth revisiting, bring it back to committee. This time, ask who or what you might need to put in place to help you succeed. Don’t understand social media? Who, on your team or in your life loves it? Need a major website upgrade before proceeding? Find the time, money, and expertise to get the job done. Just need discipline or motivation? Enlist your BFF, create a mastermind group or hire a coach!
Bottom line? Understand who you are and how you want to show up and connect with people in your life and your business. It all starts with you.
So, tell me readers:
- What’s your guilty-pleasure?
- What other questions can you bring to your committee? Please share and help all of us make better decisions about “the one that’s going to work this time!”
Like This? Want More?
Get your wisdom delivered weekly(ish), straight to your inbox!
Plus, I'll keep you in the loop about classes & other goodies I'm creating to help you get your vision out of your head and into the world.